Senior / Account Manager
We are looking for an experienced Account Manager with an interest in running both PR and PA campaigns in our health team, but with a focus on brand communications.
- Portland Health is a small but fast growing team providing public relations and public affairs services to clients which help them successfully navigate through a complex and fast-changing landscape;
- You will be joining a team of consultants with unrivalled first-hand PR and PA experience at the highest level;
- You will have strong experience across the pharmaceutical and health sector. This should include experience working with senior and junior colleagues to draft pharmaceutical product and disease awareness materials, provide reference packs and facilitate approvals, generate media coverage, support the running of public events, and manage political and/or stakeholder relationships (Key Opinion Leaders and Patient Groups) for a diverse range of clients and therapeutic areas;
- You will have a solid understanding of the pharmaceutical industry and experience of working on product / brand communications programmes in an agency setting
Key responsibilities may include:
- Account lead for smaller clients and specific projects;
- Helping develop action plans, assigning tasks to the team and otherwise implementing the client program;
- Working with our clients to develop comprehensive political, stakeholder and media engagement strategies;
- Developing close working relationships with client teams and managing regular contact with them, both face-to-face and through teleconferences and emails;
- Managing the drafting of communications materials such as press releases, spokesperson and stakeholder briefing documents, reference packs and tracking/managing client approvals;
- Responding quickly and accurately to journalist, MP, stakeholder and client requests;
- Developing and maintaining relationships with key national and industry journalists, MP offices and stakeholders;
- Attending meetings with clients and preparing concise and timely reports as directed by Account Director;
- Proactively highlighting relevant policy, political, regulatory and media developments to clients;
- Providing advice and strategic counsel to clients;
- Input into the financial management of the accounts and the overall business;
- Regularly supporting new business activities, including contributing to proposals and pitches, and attending networking and industry events as a representative of Portland.
Competences applicable to the post:
Providing a quality service
- Have a track record of delivering healthcare communications work;
- Be organised with the ability to manage your own workload and that of your team;
- Have the ability to work to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have the ability and experience to communicate effectively with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders.
- Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Have the ability to present findings for publication clearly and accurately to a range of audiences; and
- Be proficient in the use of database and internet tools; spreadsheets, and word processing.
Team working and projects
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be able to manage projects independently, with limited management direction, as required; and
- Be confident in engaging directly with the clients, clinicians, journalists and other stakeholders.
Qualifications and skills
- You must have a degree or equivalent qualification.
- You must have between 3 and 5 year experience within healthcare communications, ideally in an agency setting.
- Have experience of managing client projects and being client facing within in agency environment.
- Have experience of working in the health and/or pharmaceutical sectors, to include brand communications and disease awareness campaigns.