Senior Account Manager / Account Manager
- As an account manager or senior account manager in Portland’s UK team, you will be responsible for executing short and long term campaigns for your clients, and contributing to the development of their overall communications strategy.
- You will be a primary day to day contact for clients and establish a long term relationship with them based on their ability to trust in the quality of your judgement and delivery.
- Through your interest in the news agenda and, more specifically, in the issues that matter to them, clients will be impressed by the proactive opportunities and threats that you spot.
- The quality of your written work will mean that the majority of materials are ‘client-ready’ and meet the brief set in terms of tone, length and accuracy.
- Your project management skills will ensure that deadlines are met by your client teams at every level, from more junior to more senior colleagues.
- Through your role in managing the delivery of work by junior colleagues, you will support their development and be a source of constructive feedback, ideas and experience.
- Beyond the work that you undertake for existing clients, you will play an important role in the team’s future growth through your contribution to our new business process, helping to identify prospective opportunities, and supporting the development and delivery of pitches.
- Beyond client and new business work, you will be a valued member of the team, ‘pitching in’ wherever help is needed and contributing to activities from brainstorms and event planning to drafting entries for Portland’s blog.
What we offer in return
- We have an unrivalled strategic counsel; a group that has held some of the hottest seats in politics and the media, from Communications Secretary to Prince William and the Duchess of Cambridge, to Political Editor of The Sun, and Director of Communications at No.10.
- Our clients benefit from their experience and expertise, but so too do our people.
- We are committed to their development and have an open doors culture. Both through your client work, and through the structured training programme delivered by our strategic counsel, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.
- In addition, every person that works at Portland is eligible for our industry leading quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share. When we do well, all of our people share in that success.
- Our remuneration package also includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as our competitive pension scheme, company contribution to gym membership, Bupa healthcare and free daily breakfast.
- Have a minimum of 3 to 5 years proven media experience gained in a communications role, preferably at an agency and through work with major corporate brands.
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality media coverage, and to explain why it met the client or organisation’s objective, and how it was achieved.
- Exhibit knowledge of, and interest in, the UK political landscape and how this impacts clients.