Senior Account Manager / Account Director
- We are looking for a Senior Account Manager / Account Director to work for a number of our prestigious clients across our US operation.
- We are looking for someone with previous agency or corporate communications experience to play a key role in managing client accounts and projects, coordinating client relationships, and to help devise and manage strategic integrated communications campaigns.
- The ideal candidate will bring a unique set of experiences and a well-developed point of view to our diverse communications team.
- Managing relationships with key clients
- Helping to devise, manage and implement communications strategies, solutions and plans
- Dealing confidently with key contacts, providing day-to-day communication advice
- Tracking issues in media, politics and spot engagement trends
- Coordinating and overseeing research and client briefing materials
- Coordinating and managing the creation of digital content for clients and the company
- Ensuring that all written materials are client ready
- Researching and drafting proposals for clients
- Responding quickly and accurately to client requests
- Sourcing and preparing communication audits and analysis for clients
- Helping to organize events, content production and managing design work with Portland’s in-house design team
- Lead projects and campaigns in conjunction with other Portland offices and divisions
- Managing the work and broader career development of more junior team members
- Maintaining regular communication with clients and attending and leading meetings
- Leading research for new business proposals and suggesting and developing new lines of potential business
Competences applicable to the post:
Providing a quality service
- Have a good feel for communications work, with an interest in the daily news agenda and extensive experience of media handling;
- Have demonstrable experience in devising and executing social media strategies and content creation
- Be organised with the ability to manage your own workload and that of others;
- Have the ability to oversee comprehensive analysis of information to tight deadlines ensuring accuracy and relevance;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, clients and other stakeholders.
- Have excellent writing skills.
- Be logical, quick and flexible in the appraisal of problems;
- Have the ability to present findings for clearly and accurately;
- Be proficient in the use of database and Internet tools; spreadsheets, word processing, social monitoring tools.
- Be comfortable operating in an international communications environment.
Team working and projects
- Be able to work with and communicate effectively with others across the agency;
- Be able to take direction and report progress on your work with others;
- Be able to manage projects independently, with limited direction.
Qualifications and Skills
- Have five to seven years of relevant and proven communications experience, in house, agency, government or a corporate environment
- Have a Bachelor’s degree, preferably in communications, a research-oriented social science, or the arts e.g. politics, economics, history, geography.
- Be able to demonstrate past success in the delivery of high quality media coverage, and to explain why it met the client or organization’s objective, and how it was achieved.
- Be knowledgeable and enthusiastic about media, politics, and international affairs.
It will be advantageous for candidates to have:
- Experience of journalism, blogging, and social media.
- Foreign language skills.
What we offer in return
- Portland offers a highly competitive package to our top quality staff.
- Every person that works at Portland is eligible for our quarterly bonus scheme and annual profit share.
- Our remuneration package also includes a wide range of employee benefits, such as our competitive pension scheme, company contribution to gym membership and free daily breakfast.
- We are committed to staff development and have an open doors culture. Both through your client work, and through the structured training programme delivered by our strategic counsel, you will have the opportunity to learn from some of the most experienced people in the business.