Portland is looking for a Content Strategist to craft state-of-the-art integrated campaigns for Portland’s wide range of clients — campaigns aimed at mobilizing advocates, telling our client’s story to a wide array of audiences and growing brand awareness and loyalty. You’ll be part of our growing and innovative Content & Brand team which draws together writing, research, design, brand strategy, web development, data visualisation and video production, to produce powerful creative content
You should be a strategic thinker and doer capable of guiding prominent organisations toward more effective use of the latest digital technology, content strategy and communications. Faced with an ever-growing array of channels, platforms and dataset, our clients need a partner to translate their business objectives into strategic campaigns — and to ensure those campaigns are executed creatively and efficiently.
- Develop content strategies at the campaign and organisation level for large brand clients.
- Develop creative concepts and communications plans — across social media, email, paid media and other channels — based on client objectives, audience research, message development, core content, action opportunities and individual data.
- Write and edit razor-sharp copy for all channels.
- Oversee (and occasionally contribute to) the production, delivery and Quality Assurance of emails, social media content, websites and web pages.
- Maintain an awareness of social/political/economic issues that impact our clients.
- Advise clients on the latest digital engagement tactics, KPIs and metrics, and channel strategies
- Conduct original research/assessments specific to clients’ audiences, competitors, and existing communications to inform strategy development
- Participate in, and often lead, workshops with clients to generate ideas and approaches
- Articulate strategies in memos and decks, and present work persuasively and clearly to clients
- Stay aware of the latest digital and communications trends and develop a POV on how/whether our clients should take advantage of them to push their programmes forward.
- You must have worked in similar agency or in-house role for 5+ years
- Deep knowledge of contemporary digital media and content strategy
- Impeccable writing skills and ownership of major deliverables, including strategy memos and decks
- Expert understanding of digital channel strategy, including email, social media, website development and paid media
- Expert understanding of CRM and social media platforms
- Tactical expertise in two or more of the following: audience research, tone/voice development, email list analysis and segmentation, social media strategy, A/B testing and optimization, story development.
- Familiarity with digital analytics, including the use of data to shape strategic decisions; the establishment of objectives and KPIs; and the development of testing and optimization strategies
- Excellent public speaking and presentation skills
- Methodical, problem-solving mindset and attention to detail
- Team player with the willingness and ability to lead