Account Director (Digital)
- This role is to act as a digital consultant within Portland’s Philanthropy & Global Issues practice (P&GI).
- The role involves leading digital work streams on a number of significant accounts within P&GI, whose clients include the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, Kofi Annan Foundation, Alwaleed Philanthropies and the Mo Ibrahim Foundation.
- You will lead on developing digital and social media strategies; taking responsibility for full tactical implementation of client activity; providing high quality client servicing and maximising the profitability of accounts;
- You will also contribute to new business, helping to identify and cultivate prospects, and to lead pitches and proposals;
- You will be expected to work with others across the company to deliver the best possible results for clients, providing an integrated service and making the best of all Portland’s capabilities;
- You will be expected to have a good understanding of how audiences around the world (particularly in Africa and the Middle East) consume news and information, not least through social media;
- Reporting to a Partner in the P&GI team;
- You will be a senior member of a team of digital specialists working within an integrated communications and campaigns team;
- Directing key accounts, including full oversight and management of all strategic and tactical activity;
- Acting as the day-to-day contact for major clients;
- Lead clients and the internal teams through the creative and strategy process, from the initial client engagement through final delivery;
- Design and lead major research projects on how audiences consume news and information (see http://www.howafricatweets.com)
- Promoting Portland’s digital offer and generating new business from Portland clients and externally;
- Provide support in targeting, pursuing, and closing engagements with potential clients by presenting the capabilities of Portland accurately and compellingly;
- Oversee the creative and strategic services we offer clients, such as copywriting, data analysis, site content creation, implementation, testing, and online outreach;
- Building and maintaining excellent client relationships;
- Digital project management through the project lifecycle;
- Project scope, requirements and cost proposals;
- Upsell and retention are key performance criteria for this role;
- Liaising with Portland’s in-house Content & Brand team over the production of creative content assets;
- Accurate and timely evaluation and reporting of projects.
- Person Specification
- Competences applicable to the post:
- Providing a quality service
- Be able to analyse clients’ challenges and develop strategies to solve them;
- Be capable of winning the respect and trust of agency staff and clients;
- Have excellent presentation skills with the ability to communicate a concept or idea;
- Have the ability to communicate confidently with Portland staff, senior clients and other stakeholders.